Monday, November 28, 2011

Portfolio Summary

Looking back on this project I feel that I have really broadened my horizons in the field of nonverbal communication. The class itself gives you the basic aspects of nonverbal communication but I felt that this project allowed us to look out into the real world and really see the impact nonverbal communication has on our society. Before starting this project I looked as nonverbal communication as more of something that just happens in interpersonal situations. I felt that this is where I picked up on this type of communication the most. Now that we have had so many examples, such as nonverbal communication in advertisements, children, couples, and so on, I feel that I am now able to pick up on nonverbal communication in many different settings.

As a graduating senior I have been going through some interviews lately. Talk about nonverbal communication! Before taking this class I didn't realize that the way I tilted my head or the direction I looked first after being asked a question was that big of a deal. I was wrong! It's funny because the average person out there who never took this class or did this project evaluates nonverbal communication in all these ways that we discussed naturally, without even thinking about it. I feel like now that I have been through this course though, that I will benefit greatly in both interperonsal and public situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment