Sunday, November 27, 2011

Portfolio Summary

After completing this project, I really do feel like I have vastly expanded my knowledge on how humans use non-verbal communication to portray and express their emotions. Before I began this course, I obviously knew that people showed emotions of how they felt on their face, but as I read the readings throughout the course, I began to have a further understanding of how these expressions of emotions was actually a way to non-verbally communicate with someone. Further, I was able to make the true connection once I began this project. I never realized how children non-verbally communicate their emotions differently from adults do, for example, children may throw their selves to the ground in a tantrum whenever they are upset, but as a general rule, adults do not do that. Also- by looking up photos of nonverbal expressions, I began to realize how much nonverbal communication truly plays a part in our every day lives. Nonverbal communication expresses the emotions of sadness that our romantic partner can have against us, the worry our mothers have for us when we leave for college, or even the sudden need to stop that is necessary when someone throws their hand in the air like a stop sign and looks worried and anxious.

Also- doing this as a group portfolio made the exploration of nonverbal communication and how it is used to express emotion more interesting. We were able to learn from each other and read about each others blog posts on expressing emotion, that we may not have been able to realize on our own . I do feel like my knowledge has been expanded with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment